Monday, May 10, 2010

Unexpected trip to the hospital

This morning when I woke up, I told myself that I hadn't felt Connor move since yesterday mid afternoon. So all morning I kept rubbing my stomach, because that usually gets him going, but no movement. I thought for sure once I ate lunch that would get him going, but still no movement, just some Braxton Hicks contractions. While I was on lunch duty, I got this awful pain that lasted for awhile, so when my duty was over, I went and asked my AP what a contraction feels like. (she just had a baby 11 months ago) She explained and I told her that I think I was having contractions, so she told me to call my doctor right away since I hadn't felt any movement and since I was having pain. So I went to my room and called the nurse and she told me that my doctor wanted me to come in hospital to monitor Connor and I. So my partner teacher drove me to the hospital while they scrounged for coverage for both of our classrooms. I called Jayson on the way along with the parents. The parents wanted to come up, but we told them no, let us find out what they were going to do and then we would call them. So once I got there, they hooked me to the monitors and it was a relief to hear his heart rate. They monitored that for about a hour and a half and my contractions were coming anywhere from a minute to eight minutes. Some were painful and some I couldn't feel. Then the doctor sent me for an unltrasound to see how Connor was doing. Finally, during the ultrasound, I felt some movement from him, but wasn't much. Everything came back great from the report, so the nurse continued to monitor me for about another hour. My contractions were coming about 4 minutes apart but not quite regularly. The nurse also checked me and I am dialated now to a 2 and pretty much all thinned out. The nurse asked if I prefered to stay or go home. I asked if I could go home, so I could get those last minute things I needed to pack and eat a good dinner. My doctor agreed to let me go, but told me what to look for when I needed to come back. Before I left, I asked the nurse, so will I have this baby within 24 hours and she said it is hard to say, but if I wanted to speed up my contractions, go home and make love or walk. Well Jayson told me that I better hit the streets walking. So I sit here now and write this before I go take a stroll down the road. Oh, and I did just get through eating some spicy chinese food, so we will see what happens in the next few hours. I did go ahead and take off the rest of the week. I would hate to leave again tomorrow in the middle of the day and cause so much chaos and get the students all worried like I did today. I didn't get everything done at school that I needed to, but I know it will get taken care of somehow. I will keep everyone updated if something happens.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So excited Little Connor will be here soon. Hang in there, girl! I will keep you guys in our prayers!!!! JZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Enjoy these last few days (or hours) before 2 becomes 3! We'll be praying! -Jenna L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet Connor. So excited for you guys, I'll be keeping yall in my prayers for a healthy, quick, and easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Jenn! I'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! This is so very exciting. I know you can't wait to meet him! Please keep us all posted and I will hope for a quick and easy delivery!
    Love ya~
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete