It was start time.....The entire team runs together the first mile around the court house and then NaShay took off on the first run of the relay.
First hand off to Katie
Then I was up for the 5th leg - my first run was 6.31 miles all on dirt road. I guess my adrenalin kicked in, because I average an 8:30 mile. Boy was I ready for a beer!
Susan handing off to Jeff ---check out those legs of his!
Our team was lucky enough to have so many wonderful parents meet us in Columbus and grill us some awesome hamburgers and sides! Jayson and the boys even came to see us.
My next run was at night through the streets of Eagle Lake....ummm not my favorite leg of the relay. It was pretty scary running the dark neighborhoods!
And then I had the pleasure of running the last leg to the San Jacinto Monument
We completed the race in 31 hours and 6 minutes.
The weekend was long and exhausting, but it was so much fun and rewarding once you finish!
What an awesome team, and look forward to another year!
For more pictures and the whole story - see my sister's blog - Jeff even got lost on one of his legs!



No comments:
Post a Comment