Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Morning & A Terrible Mishap

Christmas Morning, Connor came into our bedroom as usual and we asked him if Santa had even been here. He said he didn't know, so he walked right past the presents and they didn't even catch his eye. So I got out of bed with him and went to look to see if Santa had been here. Connor spotted the presents and just smiled and then noticed that the cookies and milk were gone. All Connor talked about is how Santa ate his cookies and drank the milk. Once we got Luke up, the gift unwrapping was on. It was so great to see Connor rip into his gifts and talk about how much he liked them. He was non-stop. Luke on the other hand, had no interest into opening his gifts. We helped him on the first few and then he was done. He was more interested into the table and chairs we got him (wanted to crawl up & down on the chair). Then he kept pointing to the kitchen, cause he was ready to eat breakfast. Connor ended up opening the rest of Luke's gifts as well.
A BBBBIIIIIIIGGGGG Truck (as Connor says)

Our new lawn boy - a new weed eater to go along with his mower and blower

and our football player too

So shortly after opening gifts and some breakfast, Jayson and I were in our bathroom getting dressed for the day to make the last two Christmas'. The boys were in and out of our bathroom as well. Well Luke was walking along side our tub when he slipped and hit his mouth hard on the tile that surrounds my tub. He started crying and I just pick him up and walked out of the bathroom to try to get his mind off of it as we do all the time. As I picked him up and looked at him, blood was going everywhere! All over me, him, the bathroom. I didn't know what to do, so my first instinct was to take him straight to the sink and splash water on his mouth, that wasn't working, I was scared that he would start choking on his blood. So Jayson told me to grab a towel and try to apply pressure on his mouth. At this time, I wasn't sure what he hit or if he even had any teeth left. Jayson got an ice pack, and of course he fought me to put it on his lip. His lip just kept getting bigger and bigger. I finally got him some what calmed down, gave him some Ibuprofen for the pain and decided to go give him a bath to get all the blood off of him, cause the bleeding finally stopped. He loves baths, but not that day. Once I got him cleaned up, I sat in a rocker with him and he fell asleep on my chest. So I moved the other side of his lip to find out that his front right tooth and the one next to that had been pushed back and his gums were swollen. I laid him down in his bed to nap for a bit and got on the phone and called Angie that I used to worked with at Dr. Johnson's office and asked her what should I do, as no dentist office would be open Christmas Day. She said to continue giving him Ibuprofen through out the day to help with the swelling and if I could get my finger in his mouth, to try to "gently" pull his teeth back. Also, to let him have his paci all day, because the sucking could help move the teeth back in place.
So I took her advice and got my fingers in his mouth as he was sleeping and of course he moves his head and I can't reach over the crib comfortably. So I tell Jayson to come help me and get him out of his crib and lay him on the floor and help hold his hands down as I tried to pull his teeth. I got my fingers in his mouth and pulled as gently as I could, didn't feel anything shift or move and he was screaming and crying. I couldn't do it anymore! So needless to say, I was about to take the paci away from him during the holiday break, but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. I did call the pedi dentist and they are closed until the first of the year, so hopefully he can get in as soon as possible to see if there is any damage.
The next day, his lip was horrible. It looks as if he bit through his lip. Here is a picture of his lip the day after. (The picture doesn't really show the swelling)


notice how you only see one tooth on the top??? there used to be two!!!
the other one is pushed backwards...


2 comments:

  1. Poor poor baby! But looks like a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Luke. I'm sure you were freaking out. I hope he is doing better!

    ReplyDelete