Thursday, September 8, 2011

28 Weeks....Some bad news

So I had my 28 week appointment and glucose testing today. Good news, I only gained 1 pound within the last month, so I am up to a total of 15 pounds. Everything else is looking great and the baby's heart beat was 140. Bad news, Dr. Joykutty told me today that she will not be here to delivery my baby. "WHAT???" I asked. She is having to move to Dallas unexpectedly to be with her family at the end of October. So I asked her, what do I do now? She referred me to a couple of doctors she would prefer, but for me to make that decision of who I want to take over at almost 30 weeks prego. So I go back to see her in two weeks and I guess that will be my last time to see her, because I feel that once I choose another doctor, I want to get to know them before my delivery date. I am so nervous, because if I have a delivery like Connors, I hope the doctor is as good of a surgeon as Joykutty was. It is so hard to start over when you have had a history with a doctor and put all the faith in them, and then they are gone. I don't think this would have bothered me as much if I was only about 10 weeks pregnant, so I would have time to establish a relationship with a doctor, but when I am 12 weeks away from due date and have to find someone new to trust, its heart breaking. I guess it really is no different if I have to end up delivering with a doctor that was on call. If any of you reading this wants to refer their doctor to me in the Sugar Land area, I am open for suggestions. With that said, here is a belly shot at 28 weeks. I had two people ask me how far I was, and when I told them that I am due at the beginning of December, their comments were, "Your going to be huge!" Thanks, just want I wanted to hear.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Jen that sucks! I do love my doctor here in Tyler want to come up here :) And you love FABULOUS and adorable so tell those other people poop on them. I'm just glad baby Tommy is healthy and doing well! I agree though you are low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT going to be huge. You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, call Dr. Shannon Crowe in Sugar Land. She is wonderful and delivered both my boys (one at Methodist Sugar Land and one at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land.) A bunch of my other Mommy friends in Greatwood went to her as well. Her office is right by Methodist Sugar Land hospital.

    ReplyDelete